Getting the password through Windows
If you are using a Windows PC which is connected to the wireless network, then to find the password, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu, the Windows logo, and then select Settings> Network and Internet.
- Select the network you want to connect, and then click Connect.
- In the search box, type view network connections, and then in the search results, press or click View Network Connections.
- In the Network Connections window, press and hold (or right-click) the network name, and then press or click positions Status> Wireless Network Properties.
- Select the Security tab, and then click Show characters.
Your wireless network password is displayed in the network security key area.
Finding a password on the router configuration page
If you are using a computer which can access the Internet, to find the password follow these steps:
- Open a web browser.
- In the search bar, type the IP address of the wireless router (eg 192.168.1.1). The default IP address of the router, see the documentation that came with your device or network.
- Enter the user name and password to view the configuration page of the router. For most routers, the default user name and password can be found in the documentation for the device.
- On the Configuration options page try to locate something like wireless network settings or wireless connection settings.
- Now, find something in the lines of wireless security settings or wireless encryption settings. Security key (sometimes called the network key, password or network password) should be located in this section.
Warning: pages of the settings vary depending on the manufacturer. If you can not find the network security key, contact the wireless router manufacturer.