- I guess you have heard of “stereogram”. You’ve probably seen “Magic Eye” books in the book stores. Have these 3D images ever amazed you? Have you ever dreamed of creating such 3D images of your own? Well, now you can with Stereogram Maker.
- You may create stereograms from two types of 3D data: AutoCAD DXF files, or range pictures in JPEG or Windows Bitmap format.
- For 3D data in DXF format, you may manipulate (e.g. rotate, move or zoom) the 3D objects, and create a stereogram with the 3D objects in the particular position that you see on your screen. You may choose optional perspective for creating stereograms with better visual effect.
- For 3D data in range picture format, you may apply any linear or nonlinear function to map pixel values to actual distances. The built-in function parser accepts any function typed in C-style. It recognizes 13 operators, 44 function names, 2 constants plus unlimited number of independent variables.
- Stereogram Maker provides (color or grayscale) random-dot coding patterns. You may also use any JPEG or Windows Bitmap image as your coding pattern so long as the image satisfies the following conditions:
- The image must not be horizontally periodic.
- The image must be wide enough. At least after scaling, it must be wider than the interocular distance, i.e. the distance between your pupils.
- The image must have enough texture.
- You may define the background depth of a stereogram using any 2D function (i.e. a function of the X/Y-coordinates with origin at the center of the stereogram and unit in millimeter). The built-in function parser accepts any function typed in C-style. It recognizes 13 operators, 44 function names, 2 constants plus unlimited number of independent variables.
- You may drag-and-drop to open any supported file. The program remembers recently opened files.
- The displays are fully interactive. They can be zoomed, moved, or rotated (for 3-D data only).
- The displays can be copied, saved or printed. For 3D plots, you may choose to copy or save them as bitmap, enhanced metafile, or data points in text format. The enhanced metafile format guarantees no loss of resolution when zoomed or printed.
- Four different types of 3-D plots are available: wire frame, color-coded wire frame with hidden line removal, color-filled facets, and shaded facets.
- 3-D plots may have optional perspective.
- You may change program settings including interocular distance, desired viewing distance, coding pattern scaling factor, stereogram size, resolution of display media, background distance, etc. And the settings are remembered when the program starts next time.
- Stereogram Maker automatically detects the resolution of your screen and printer. To create a stereogram hardcopy, it is recommended to print the stereogram directly from Stereogram Maker. The desired 3D effect might be lost if you use other software that changes the physical size of a stereogram.
- The program remembers the window position/size of the previous run.
- Stereogram Maker 2.1 runs under Windows 9x, NT, 2k, XP.
- No additional DLL (such as OpenGL, MFC or VB) is required.
- No installation is needed.
- The executable is only 911KB!
Screenshot up the top: Load 3D data in DXF format and manipulate the 3D objects.
Screenshot #2: Change program settings.
Screenshot #3: Example of a stereogram made by this software.
Software by Swiftgear.com