If you’re having purple (pink) or black meshes or error signs where players should be in Garry’s Mod then you’re missing Counter Strike: Source textures. You don’t need to own CS:S to fix this issue.
- Download the CSS Maps and CSS Textures .zip packs or alternatively go to http://fragplays.com/gmod-textures/ for the download.
- Extract content of these packs using software like 7zip.
- Go to your Steam Library and right click on “Garry’s Mod” game and go to Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files (may vary if you’re using different language in your Steam client). Enter the “Garry’s Mod” folder and then open the “Addons” folder.
- Move the extracted Counter Strike: Source textures and maps folders to the “Addons” folder of your Garry’s Mod installation.
- That’s it, you should have fixed missing textures from CS:S game in your GMod game.
Another solution to this issue with missing textures is to just buy the game of Counter Strike: Source and download it to your PC. This way you’ll have all the necessary textures and files.
If you have any other problems with this tutorial, make sure to comment below.