PC cases are an essential component of any computer build, and they come in various shapes and sizes. One factor that is often overlooked when selecting a PC case is the number of hard disk drive (HDD) bays it has. HDDs are still widely used for data storage, and having a PC case with many HDD bays can be beneficial for those who need to store large amounts of data.
A PC case with many HDD bays is typically larger than a standard case and can accommodate several HDDs. This type of case is ideal for professionals who work with large files, such as video editors, photographers, and gamers who need to store a vast library of games. Having multiple HDD bays also allows for better organization and easier access to stored data.
When selecting a PC case with many HDD bays, it is essential to consider the size and compatibility of the HDDs. Some cases may only support specific sizes or types of HDDs, so it is crucial to ensure compatibility before making a purchase. Additionally, the case’s cooling system should be adequate to prevent overheating and damage to the HDDs.
We spent hours researching and testing several PC cases with many HDD bays to identify the ones that offer the best value and performance. In the following sections, we will discuss the top-rated PC cases with many HDD bays and highlight their features and benefits.
Best PC Cases with Multiple HDD Bays
We know that storage is a crucial aspect for any PC enthusiast or professional, and having enough space to store all your data is a must. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best PC cases with multiple HDD bays on the market. These cases offer ample space for all your hard drives, making it easy to manage your data and keep your system running smoothly. Whether you’re a gamer, a content creator, or just in need of some serious storage, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below.
GAMEMAX Full Tower Chassis – 8 drive bays
- Excellent Airflow: large frame chassis with big enough space and strong expansibility, compatible for the market main current hardwares, providing the good installation experience for the user. The front panel and top cover are full mesh luxury black to ensure you enjoy high-end dust-free optimum cooling. And included 3 x 12cm 32 LEDs blue fans, offering efficient heat dissipation in calm and making gaming case glowing.
- Large Storage Space: Support E-ATX/ATX/M-ATX motherboard, maximum size 305*272mm. Multiple HDD expansion capabilities makes Master with a possibility of becoming a data serivice platform, support 5.25” x 3 ODD, 3.5” HDD *8 or 2.5”SSD * 8. (Tips: Installing the lengthest VGA Card, you must take out the middle of HDD bracket)
- Complete Functional Interface Design, meet your daily multi-party needs; Top panel with fan controller key, the players can control different speeds in real-time to adjust chassis internal temperature.
- Good dustproof design: Filtered front, top and base air intakes for a dust free interior. The wind tunel of front panle and bottom panel both with pull-out dust-proof to make clean conbeniently.
- Wide field of view: side panel with big window, making lighting effects and interior details in everything in a glance. Black coating technology, 0.8mm steel thickness of the case, extraordinary quality.
If you are looking for a PC case with plenty of storage space, the GAMEMAX Full Tower Chassis might be the right choice for you.
- Excellent airflow with large frame chassis and full mesh front panel and top cover
- Large storage space with support for multiple HDD expansion capabilities
- Complete functional interface design with fan controller key and good dustproof design
- Standoffs for motherboard might not thread right
- Could be a bit cheaper
- The space at the top of the case is less than the case appears
We were impressed with the GAMEMAX Full Tower Chassis’ excellent airflow, which is due to its large frame chassis and full mesh front panel and top cover. The included 3 x 12cm 32 LEDs blue fans offer efficient heat dissipation and make the gaming case glow. The large storage space is also a plus, with support for multiple HDD expansion capabilities that make it possible for the case to become a data service platform.
The complete functional interface design meets your daily multi-party needs, with a top panel that has a fan controller key that allows you to control different speeds in real-time to adjust the chassis internal temperature. The good dustproof design with filtered front, top, and base air intakes for a dust-free interior is also a great feature.
However, we did encounter some cons with this product. The standoffs for the motherboard might not thread right, which can be a bit frustrating. Additionally, the price could be a bit cheaper for what it offers. Lastly, the space at the top of the case is less than it appears, which can be a bit misleading.
In summary, if you are looking for a PC case with excellent airflow and large storage space, the GAMEMAX Full Tower Chassis is a great choice. Despite some minor cons, it offers a complete functional interface design and good dustproof design.
Phanteks Enthoo Pro – 11 drive bays
- Enthoo Pro includes 1 x 200mm fan in front and 1 x 140mm fan in the rear. Ability to upgrade to additional fans is possible. All fans included are Phanteks’ new redesigned and better performing SP series fans. Budget friendly case. 2 x USB 3.0, USB-C GEN 2, Mic, Headphone Front Port
- Appearance: Brushed plastic with an aluminum appearance; Stealth interior: hidden PSU / hidden HDD
- Cooling: Extreme cooling capacity; 2 included Phanteks’ premium fans ; The PWM hub makes it possible to control all the connected fans (also 3-pin fans) with PWM function through 1 PWM connector and create a better cable management
- Extensive water cooling support. Provides up to 4 diff installation areas for radiators vary from single to triple (120mm & 140mm form factors). Clearance for push-pull fan configurations; Innovative liquid cooling mounting systems.Closed HDD panel strengthens the chassis’ rigidity, even when both HDD cages are removed. Removable Drop-n-Lock SSD bracket that can be installed on 2 different locations. (1 bracket incl.)
- English (Publication Language)
We highly recommend the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis for anyone looking for a budget-friendly case with many HDD bays. This case is perfect for gamers and professionals alike, with its amazing expansion flexibility and extreme cooling capacity.
- The Enthoo Pro includes 1 x 200mm fan in front and 1 x 140mm fan in the rear, with the ability to upgrade to additional fans. All fans included are Phanteks’ new redesigned and better performing SP series fans.
- The case is budget-friendly and includes 2 x USB 3.0, USB-C GEN 2, Mic, and Headphone front ports.
- The extensive water cooling support provides up to 4 different installation areas for radiators, with clearance for push-pull fan configurations.
- The case is heavy, weighing in at 26.2 pounds, which may make it difficult to move around.
- The drive rack is just okay, and some users may prefer a different solution for organizing their HDDs.
- The case does not include any RGB lighting, which may be a downside for some users.
The Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis is beautifully crafted and engineered to maximize cooling potential. The closed HDD panel strengthens the chassis’ rigidity, even when both HDD cages are removed. The removable Drop-n-Lock SSD bracket can be installed on two different locations, providing flexibility for organizing your components.
The case’s appearance is brushed plastic with an aluminum appearance, and the stealth interior hides the PSU and HDD. The innovative liquid cooling mounting systems and PWM hub make it possible to control all the connected fans with PWM function through 1 PWM connector and create better cable management.
In conclusion, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly case with many HDD bays and extensive water cooling support. Its extreme cooling capacity, innovative liquid cooling mounting systems, and flexible organization options make it a top pick for gamers and professionals alike.
Cooler Master N400 NSE-400-KKN2 – 8 drive bays
- Fully meshed front panel for superior airflow
- Supports a 240 mm water cooling radiator or two 120 mm fans on the right side or top of case
- Supports up to three SSDs -two on the tool-less 2.5 Inch bracket and one at the bottom of the HDD cage
- Supports a 120 mm water cooling radiator at the rear
- Includes two Cooler Master XtraFlo 120 mm fans (non-LED) arranged for optimum airflow with support for up to 8 fans total
If you are looking for a PC case with many HDD bays, we recommend the Cooler Master N400 NSE-400-KKN2. With its numerous features designed for cooling performance, especially water cooling, it stands apart from the competition.
- The fully meshed front panel provides superior airflow, making it ideal for high-performance systems.
- It supports a 240 mm water cooling radiator or two 120 mm fans on the right side or top of the case, allowing for customizable cooling options.
- The case includes two Cooler Master XtraFlo 120 mm fans (non-LED) arranged for optimum airflow with support for up to 8 fans total.
- The internal design could benefit from an inch or so more height for top clearance.
- The manufacturer did not include tool-less drive retention hardware for all the drive bays.
- The lack of instructions on mounting drives, especially NAS drives with screw-holes in the bottom, can be frustrating.
We found the N400 to be a great choice for those looking to build high-performance systems with multiple HDDs. The full mesh front panel and well-ventilated layout provide superior airflow, while the support for water cooling radiators and multiple fans allows for customizable cooling options. The case also includes three dust filters for easy maintenance.
One thing to note is that the internal design could benefit from a bit more height for top clearance, and the manufacturer did not include tool-less drive retention hardware for all the drive bays. However, overall, we found the Cooler Master N400 NSE-400-KKN2 to be a great choice for those looking to build a high-performance system with multiple HDDs.
So, if you are looking for a PC case with many HDD bays that offers great cooling options and easy maintenance, we recommend the Cooler Master N400 NSE-400-KKN2.
Antec P101 Silent – 13 drive bays
- Silent Mid-tower ATX PC case with sound dampening top/front/side panels and quiet computing technology.
- Supports 11 drive bays with 5.25” ODD bay x 1, 3.5” HDD/2.5” SSD x 8 and dedicated 2.5” SSD x 2.
- 4 x 120/140mm cooling fans pre-installed in front and rear; up to 4 fan mounts with the maximum of 360mm radiator support for better cooling.
- Easy I/O panel with power/reset buttons, fan speed controller, Audio/mic ports, 2 x USB 2.0/2 x USB 3.0 with white LED light.
- Supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and ITX motherboards with ample routing holes for cables, Max 180mm CPU Cooler height, 450mm graphic card and 290mm PSU length.
Let’s look into another option, now with 11 drive bays, the Antec P101 Silent Performance Series Mid-Tower PC Computer Case is definitely worth considering.
- The sound dampening top/front/side panels make this case incredibly quiet.
- With 11 drive bays, including 8 for 3.5″ HDDs/2.5″ SSDs and 2 dedicated bays for 2.5″ SSDs, this case has plenty of storage space.
- The pre-installed 120/140mm cooling fans, along with support for up to 4 additional fans and a 360mm radiator, ensure that your components stay cool.
- The case is quite heavy, which may make it difficult to move around.
- While the I/O panel is easy to access, the placement of the USB ports may be inconvenient for some users.
- The price point is higher than some other PC cases on the market.
We recently used the Antec P101 Silent Performance Series Mid-Tower PC Computer Case in a build and were impressed with its overall performance. The sound dampening panels worked incredibly well, making this one of the quietest cases we have ever used. The ample storage space was also a huge plus, as we were able to easily install multiple HDDs and SSDs without any issues.
The pre-installed cooling fans were also a nice touch, and we appreciated the ability to add additional fans and a radiator if needed. However, we did find the case to be quite heavy, which may be a concern for those who need to move their PC around frequently.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Antec P101 Silent Performance Series Mid-Tower PC Computer Case to anyone in need of a PC case with many HDD bays. While it may be a bit pricey, the quality and features make it a worthwhile investment for anyone looking to build a high-performance PC.
Thermaltake Core V71 – 18 drive bays
- Enlarged Tempered glass Side panel 4 millimeter thick Tempered Glass delivers excellent viewing and reduces noise
- 4 fan pre installed three 200 millimeter LED Fans (2 at Front and 1 at top) and one 140 millimeter rear fan pre installed
- One click control control fan LED and speed from built in I/O port
- Vertical GPU Support vertical graphic card layout with dual pci e slots to prevent GPU Sagging and reduce weight on M/B
- 10 Drive Bays 2 x 5. 25 inches plus 8 x 2. 5 inches/3.5 inches With HDD rack
If you’re looking for a more premium spacious PC case with excellent expandability, then the Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass Edition E-ATX Full Tower Tt LCS Certified Gaming Computer Case is a great option.
- The 4mm thick tempered glass window provides a clear view of the interior, reducing noise and delivering excellent viewing.
- Three 200mm LED fans and one 140mm rear fan are pre-installed, providing outstanding cooling performance.
- The vertical GPU support layout with dual PCI-e slots prevents GPU sagging and reduces weight on the motherboard.
- The case is quite large and heavy, which may make it difficult to move around or clean.
- The case is not compatible with some PSUs and radiators due to its size.
- The case may require some drilling to install certain components, which can be frustrating for some users.
Overall, we recommend the Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass Edition E-ATX Full Tower Tt LCS Certified Gaming Computer Case for those who want a spacious, expandable case with excellent cooling performance. Its tempered glass window, pre-installed fans, and vertical GPU support make it a great choice for gamers and PC enthusiasts.
In terms of expandability, the case supports up to 10 drive bays, including two 5.25″ bays and eight 2.5″/3.5″ bays with a HDD rack. It also supports Micro ATX, ATX, and E-ATX motherboards, as well as radiators up to 420mm in size.
The case’s I/O ports include USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2, and HD Audio x 1, and it features excellent clearance for CPU coolers up to 185mm tall and VGA cards up to 480mm long (without HDD rack).
Overall, the Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass Edition E-ATX Full Tower Tt LCS Certified Gaming Computer Case is a great option for anyone looking for a spacious, expandable case with excellent cooling performance.