Gone are the days when mobile gaming was simply about tapping on your phone screen. As mobile gaming continues to evolve, so too do the accessories that are designed to enhance the gaming experience. Among them, mobile gaming controllers have gained significant popularity among avid gamers. Today, we’ll delve into a thorough comparison of two highly-rated models: the Razer Kishi V2 and the GameSir X2 Pro.
Razer Kishi V2: A Closer Look
The Razer Kishi V2 presents a compelling package for mobile gamers. It’s an impressive mix of portability, functionality, and user-friendly design.
- CONSOLE QUALITY MOBILE GAMING CONTROLS — Designed with cutting edge microswitch buttons, analog triggers, and programmable macros to bring console-quality control to the phone
- UNIVERSAL FIT WITH EXTENDABLE BRIDGE — Features a stable, extendable bridge that provides a secure fit that perfectly holds all modern iPhone models, including the latest iPhone 14 models lightning connectors
- DISCOVER THE BEST GAMES IN ONE PLACE FOR FREE — Browse through thousands of compatible games, record and share gameplay, and keep Kishi updated with an integrated Razer Nexus App that allows full customizability
- STREAM PC AND CONSOLE GAMES — Play full PC, Xbox and PlayStation games directly on the phone, with support for the biggest game streaming apps.
- OPTIMIZED FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE — Utilize iPhone’s lightning connection to eliminate input latency, allow for seamless control—and passthrough charging for ultimate iOS compatibility
|Razer Kishi V2||Specs|
|Inputs||Two analog thumbsticks with clickable buttons (L3/R3), One mechanical D-pad, ABXY face buttons, Two triggers (L2/R2), Two bumpers (L1/R1), Two programmable multifunction buttons (M1/M2), Menu and Options buttons (labeled Start and Select in some games), Share button (requires Razer Nexus)|
|Ports||TYPE C plug for phone connection, TYPE C port for pass-through charging only, Charging indicator light|
|Dimensions and Weight||Height: 47mm, Width: 220mm, Depth: 117mm, Weight: 284g|
Design and Comfort
The Kishi V2 features an ergonomic design that mirrors traditional gaming consoles. This layout is intuitive and comfortable to use, even over extended periods. It’s a telescopic controller, meaning it stretches to fit various phone sizes, securing your phone in the middle, similar to a Nintendo Switch.
When it comes to performance, the Razer Kishi V2 does not disappoint. It has minimal input latency thanks to its direct USB-C connection, resulting in virtually lag-free gaming. This feature gives the Kishi V2 a significant edge, especially in fast-paced action or competitive games where every millisecond counts.
The Razer Kishi V2 offers broad compatibility. It supports Android smartphones with a center-aligned USB-C port and runs seamlessly with most games that support controllers.
|Operating System||Razer Kishi V2 Supported Devices|
|Android||Razer Edge, Razer Phone 1/2, Samsung Galaxy S8/S9/S10/S20/S21 Series, Note 8/9/10/10+, Google Pixel 2/3/4/5/6/7, Other Android devices|
|iPhone||iPhone SE (1st and 2nd gen), 6S/6S Plus, 7/7 Plus, X/8/8 Plus, XS/XS Max/XR, 11/12/13/14 series|
As it’s powered directly by your phone through the USB-C port, battery life isn’t a concern with the Kishi V2. This feature is a double-edged sword, though, as it could deplete your phone’s battery quicker during lengthy gaming sessions.
GameSir X2 Pro: An Overview
On the other side of the ring, we have the GameSir X2 Pro. This mobile gaming controller has also gathered a fair share of acclaim for its features and performance.
- DESIGNED FOR XBOX / ANDROID: GameSir X2 Pro Android controller is officially licensed by Xbox and is compatible with Android phones running Android 8.0 or later.This Android controller perfects your mobile gaming experience beyond a console by making it happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone.
- CLOUD GAMING & REMOTE PLAY: Support nearly all popular cloud gaming services including Xbox Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Stadia, NVIDIA GeForce Now and Amazon Luna. It also supports remote streaming services such as Xbox Remote Play, Steam Link, Rainway, and Moonlight, allowing you to access a variety of games on your mobile device.
- CONSOLE QUALITY MOBILE GAMING CONTROLS: Designed for pro-level mobile gaming, X2 Pro comes with 2 additional back buttons, Hall Effect analog triggers, Kailh Microswitch bumpers, and Alps 3D joysticks to bring console-quality control to the phone
- UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION: GameSir X2 Pro has 2 sets of thumbsticks, thumbsticks cap, ABXY Buttons. Set the layout and buttons you like. Therefore, different gamers can tailor it to their own play style in different games and play at their best.
- XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE:Get 1 month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for FREE with purchase X2 Pro.New Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members only. Then 14.99/month after offer ends. Subscription continues automatically.
General Tech Specs:
|Feature||Gamesir X2 Pro Specs|
|Working Platform||Android 8.0 or above|
|Connection||Built-in wired Type-C to phone|
|Colorways||Midnight & Moonlight|
|Pass-through Charging||Yes (With limited compatibility, see FAQ)|
Design and Comfort
The GameSir X2 Pro also features an ergonomic and stretchable design. It stands out with its screenshot and recording buttons – unique additions that content creators will appreciate. Also, the Pro model has swappable thumbsticks, a rare and welcomed feature among mobile controllers.
Physical Dimensions and Weight:
|Product Size||184 x 85 x 37 mm / 7.24 x 3.35 x 1.46 in|
|Net Weight||179 g / 0.40 lbs|
|Package Size||118 x 206.5 x 58 mm / 4.65 x 8.13 x 2.28 in|
|Gross Weight||402g / 0.89 lbs|
|Carton Size (30pcs/carton)||615 x 368 x 232 mm / 24.21 x 14.49 x 9.13 in|
|Carton Weight (30pcs/carton)||13.2 kg / 29.10 lbs|
The X2 Pro also ensures low latency, thanks to its USB-C connection. It’s capable of handling various gaming genres with ease, from RPGs to fast-paced shooters.
Buttons and Triggers:
|Microswitch Bumpers||Yes, Kailh Micro Switches|
|Analog Triggers||Yes, Hall Effect Magnetic Sensors|
|Analog Joysticks||Yes, Alps|
|Back Buttons||Yes, 2 Back Buttons|
|Compatible Phone Size||110-179 mm in length, ≤12 mm depth (no case, camera excluded), ≤10 mm depth (with ≤1mm case, camera excluded), ≤3mm camera depth|
The GameSir X2 Pro supports Android smartphones with a USB-C port. It’s also worth noting that it’s cloud gaming compatible, making it an excellent choice for users who subscribe to services like Xbox Cloud Gaming or Google Stadia.
Similar to the Kishi V2, the X2 Pro doesn’t have its own battery. It draws power directly from your phone via the USB-C connection, which, while eliminating the need for charging, may drain your phone’s battery faster
- What phones are compatible with the X2 Pro? The X2 Pro supports Android 8.0 or above phones with specific requirements:
- Type-C port centered both horizontally and vertically
- Phone depth ≤12 mm (no case) or ≤10 mm (with ≤1mm case)
- Phone camera depth ≤3mm
- Support for USB Power Delivery 2.0 Protocol
- Chipset: Kirin 985/Snapdragon 855/MediaTek Dimensity 930/Samsung Exynos 9820 or higher
- Can I use X2 Pro with a phone case on? Yes, it works with thin phone cases (depth ≤ 1 mm).
- Does X2 Pro feature analog triggers and back buttons? Yes, it includes Hall Effect analog triggers accurate to 0.1 mm and two programmable back buttons (A/B/X/Y/LB/RB/LT/RT).
- What games and cloud gaming platforms are supported by X2 Pro? It supports all Android games with controller support like Diablo Immortal, Shadowgun Legends, Minecraft, Fortnite, Dead Trigger 2, Asphalt 9: Legends, and more. Additionally, it’s compatible with Xbox Cloud Gaming, Amazon Luna, Stadia, NVIDIA GeForce Now, Xbox Remote Play, Steam Link, Rainway, and Moonlight.
- What’s the latency of X2 Pro? X2 Pro connects directly to your phone via Type-C, ensuring zero input latency.
- Does X2 Pro have a battery? No, X2 Pro is a wired controller and powered directly by your phone.
- Can I charge my phone while using X2 Pro? Yes, but it’s phone-specific. Not all phones support pass-through charging, so check the compatibility list or confirm with your phone’s seller.
- Can I use headphones or earphones with X2 Pro? Yes, Bluetooth headphones or TWS earbuds can be used. However, 3.5mm audio is not supported.
Razer Kishi V2 vs GameSir X2 Pro: My experience
The Razer Kishi V2 and GameSir X2 Pro are both great tools for playing games on your phone, but for different reasons.
The Razer Kishi V2 stands out with its sleek and neat design, quick responses, and it works with a lot of different phones, both Android and Apple. It also has special buttons you can set to do different things, which makes it a good choice if you like a simple, quick gaming experience.
The GameSir X2 Pro, on the other hand, is more solid and serious looking. It’s got big buttons and a sturdy grip, so it feels like it can last a long time. It also performs really well, with precise controls and no delay. Plus, it has two extra buttons you can set up how you like, and you can charge your phone while you’re playing. The downside is that it mostly works with Android phones.
So, if you want a sleek and versatile controller, the Razer Kishi V2 is the way to go. But if you’re after a sturdy controller with precise controls and extra features, and you have an Android phone, the GameSir X2 Pro is a better choice.