Rapid trigger keyboards are designed to have a shorter actuation point than standard keyboards thanks to Hall Effect technology. This means that the keys require less force to register a keystroke, allowing for faster and more accurate typing. Rapid trigger keyboards are also built with features like anti-ghosting and N-key rollover, which prevent missed keystrokes and ensure that all keystrokes are registered, even during complex key combinations.
When shopping for a keyboard with rapid trigger switches, we’d recommend to consider factors like key switch type, build quality, and additional features like RGB lighting and programmable macros. Key switch type is particularly important, as it can significantly impact the feel and sound of the keyboard. Some popular key switch types for rapid trigger keyboards include Cherry MX Speed, Kailh Speed, and Razer Optical.
We spent hours researching and testing several rapid trigger keyboards to find the best options for gamers who need quick and accurate keystrokes. In the following sections, we’ll take a closer look at our top picks and what makes them stand out from the competition.
Best Rapid Trigger Keyboards
- Best Overall: Wooting 60HE or SteelSeries Apex Pro
- New (2023 release): Corsair K70 MAX RGB
- Best TKL: Razer Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
- Best Budget Option: DrunkDeer A75 (75%) or DrunkDeer G60 (60%)
- New 75% (Released in November 2023): Akko MOD007B-HE
We have scoured the market to bring you the best rapid trigger keyboards available. These keyboards are designed for gamers and typists who require a fast and responsive typing experience. The keyboards we have selected are all built with high-quality materials, offer customizable features, and are compatible with a variety of devices. Whether you are a professional gamer or a casual user, our list has something for everyone. So without further ado, let’s dive into the best rapid trigger keyboards on the market.
Best Overall: Wooting 60HE
Great rapid trigger keyboard with hall effect switches. Has really low latency.
- The Wooting 60HE features full-motion analog input with 0.1mm accuracy, providing an analog signal for each key.
- Single press latency at around 2ms in my tests. 1000Hz polling rate.
- Users can configure the actuation point of each key in 0.1mm steps, ranging from 0.1 to 4.0mm.
- The Wooting 60HE offers a smooth typing experience with pre-lubed Lekker switches, greased stabilizers, and a foam-filled case.
- It’s very often unavailable with long shipping dates.
- The availability of keycap options is restricted based on keyboard layout, with the Wooting 60HE offering Wooting double-shot PBT keycaps for ANSI layouts and Wooting ABS shine-through keycaps for ISO layouts.
2nd Best Overall: SteelSeries Apex Pro Keyboard
SteelSeries Apex Pro is the first mainstream keyboard to make use of Hall effect sensors with Rapid Trigger feature and it’s still the keyboard I use right now, even after testing a few other Hall Effect keyboards.
- The OmniPoint 2.0 Adjustable HyperMagnetic switches are fully customizable and provide lightning-fast actuation and response times.
- Single key press latency at around 4ms in my tests. 1000Hz polling rate.
- The Rapid Trigger feature eliminates any latency issues that may arise from the physical movement of the switch.
- The 2-in-1 Action Keys allow you to program two different actions to the same key, giving you ultimate control over your gaming experience.
- USB Passthrough, Scroll wheel, dedicated media keys,
- The keyboard is a bit on the expensive side, which may not be suitable for everyone’s budget.
- The software can be a bit buggy at times, which can be frustrating for some users.
- The keyboard is quite heavy, which may not be ideal for those who prefer a lighter keyboard.
The OmniPoint 2.0 Adjustable HyperMagnetic switches are incredibly fast and responsive, making it easier to execute complex moves and maneuvers in your favorite games. The Rapid Trigger feature eliminates any latency issues that may arise from the physical movement of the switch, ensuring that your actions are executed as quickly as possible. The 2-in-1 Action Keys allow you to program two different actions to the same key, giving you ultimate control over your gaming experience.
The SteelSeries Apex Pro HyperMagnetic Gaming Keyboard is not without its drawbacks, however. The keyboard is quite expensive, which may not be suitable for everyone’s budget. Additionally, the software can be a bit buggy at times, which can be frustrating for some users. Finally, the keyboard is quite heavy, which may not be ideal for those who prefer a lighter keyboard.
New: Corsair K70 MAX RGB Magnetic-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Corsair K70 MAX is a great alternative to Steelseries Apex Pro. The main differences? It’s bigger and a bit more expensive.
- The adjustable CORSAIR MGX switches allow for a completely customizable gaming and typing experience, with each key’s actuation point ranging from a super-sensitive 0.4mm to a robust 3.6mm in 0.1mm steps.
- Dual-point actuation lets you assign two discrete actions to one keypress, giving you the ability to execute instant one-two combos.
- The CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology registers your keystrokes up to 8x faster than standard gaming keyboards, while powerful iCUE software on PC and macOS enables in-depth customization.
- The keys may be too sensitive for some users, resulting in accidental key presses.
- The keyboard’s design may not be to everyone’s taste.
We’ve been using the Corsair K70 MAX RGB Magnetic-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for a few weeks now, and we’re very impressed with its performance and design. The keyboard’s build quality is outstanding, featuring a durable aluminum frame and PBT double-shot keycaps that are built to last. The adjustable CORSAIR MGX switches are a standout feature, allowing for a completely customizable typing experience that can be tailored to your preferences.
The dual-point actuation is another great feature that we’ve found to be very useful, allowing us to execute complex key combinations with ease. The CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology is also very impressive, registering keystrokes up to 8x faster than standard gaming keyboards and ensuring that every keystroke is registered accurately and quickly.
One potential downside of the keyboard is that the keys may be too sensitive for some users, resulting in accidental key presses. Additionally, the keyboard is quite expensive compared to other gaming keyboards on the market, so it may not be the best option for budget-conscious gamers. Finally, the keyboard’s design may not be to everyone’s taste, as it features a somewhat flashy design that may not be suitable for all users.
Overall, we highly recommend the Corsair K70 MAX RGB Magnetic-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard to anyone who is looking for a high-quality gaming keyboard that offers a customizable typing experience, lightning-fast response times, and an impressive array of features.
Best TKL: Razer Huntsman V3 Pro TKL Gaming Keyboard
If you’re looking for a high-quality gaming keyboard that offers a competitive edge, the Razer Huntsman V3 Pro Tenkeyless is definitely worth considering. With its advanced analog optical switches and Rapid Trigger Mode, this keyboard is designed to provide ultra-fast repeated inputs and maximum precision and response.
- The analog optical switches are incredibly responsive and precise, making it easy to execute complex moves and combos.
- The Rapid Trigger Mode allows for ultra-fast repeated inputs, which is essential for competitive gaming.
- Onboard adjustments make it easy to customize the actuation height and Rapid Trigger sensitivity on the fly without needing to use software.
- The price point is on the higher side, which may not be feasible for everyone.
- The keyboard is wired, which may be inconvenient for some users.
- The keyboard is designed specifically for gaming and may not be as versatile for other tasks.
Overall, we highly recommend the Razer Huntsman V3 Pro Tenkeyless for anyone looking for a high-quality gaming keyboard that offers exceptional precision and response. With its advanced analog optical switches and Rapid Trigger Mode, this keyboard is designed to provide a competitive edge that can make all the difference in intense gaming situations.
The textured double-shot PBT keycaps are designed to withstand the wear and tear of intense competitive play, and the tenkeyless form factor with aluminum top plate provides a streamlined design with a smaller footprint and greater durability. The magnetic firm leatherette wrist rest is designed to provide ergonomic support for wrists, ensuring that you can game comfortably for hours on end.
In summary, if you’re looking for a gaming keyboard that offers exceptional precision, responsiveness, and durability, the Razer Huntsman V3 Pro Tenkeyless is definitely worth considering. The advanced analog optical switches and Rapid Trigger Mode make it easy to execute complex moves and combos with ease, while the onboard adjustments and dedicated control buttons provide a high degree of customization and control.
Best Budget Option: DrunkDeer A75 Rapid Trigger Mechanical Keyboard
I highly recommend DrunkDeer A75 Rapid Trigger Mechanical Keyboard for those on budget (it’s around $130), it has basically all rapid trigger and hall effect features as the more expensive alternatives, the major downsize is a plastic case and software which is not that great.
- Ultra response speed for faster gameplay
- Around 4ms single key press latency in my tests. 1000Hz polling rate.
- Adjustable actuation distance for precision
- Magnetic switch for longer keystriking life
- Software could use some improvement
- Plastic case
- No wrist rest included
The DrunkDeer A75 Rapid Trigger Mechanical Keyboard is a great option for gamers who want a compact and customizable keyboard. The adjustable actuation distance allows for precision and the magnetic switch ensures a longer keystriking life.
The ultra response speed of the keyboard makes it ideal for fast-paced games and the customizable rapid trigger function allows for mid-motion repeats without locking in actuation points.
While the rapid trigger function is not as good as other options on the market, the keyboard is still a great choice for gamers looking for a more affordable alternative. The software could use some improvement, but it still provides decent customization options.
Another Alternative: Akko MOD007B-HE
Recently I have reviewed the Akko MOD007B-HE and it’s pretty great 75% layout rapid trigger keyboard with Akko’s magnetic switches.
It’s quiet compared to other mechanical keyboards, the rapid trigger feature works well and it’s got a pretty nice look. Build quality is great. It’s defnitely a good option if you want a 75% Hall Effect keyboard which isn’t Wooting.